Are you eligible?
To join RiverSpring FIDA Plan, you must:
- Be entitled to Medicare Part A, enrolled in Medicare Part B, and eligible for Medicare Part D;
- Be Eligible for Medicaid;
- Live in the county of Bronx, Kings, Nassau, New York, Queens, or Richmond
- Be 21 or older at time of enrollment
- Require 120 or more days of community-based or facility-based long-term support services (LTSS), are nursing facility clinically eligible and receive facility-based LTSS, or are eligible for the Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) 1915(c) waiver
You will be excluded from joining RiverSpring FIDA Plan if:
- You are a resident of a New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) facility or a psychiatric facility;
- You are receiving services from the State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) system – whether receiving services in an OPWDD facility or treatment center, receiving services through an OPWDD Waiver, whether you could be receiving services in an ICF/IID but you have chosen not to, or otherwise;
- You are expected to be Medicaid eligible for less than six months;
- You are eligible for Medicaid benefits only for tuberculosis related services, breast cancer services, or cervical cancer services;
- You are receiving hospice services (at time of enrollment);
- You are eligible for the family planning expansion program;
- You are a resident of an alcohol/substance abuse long-term residential treatment program;
- You are eligible for Emergency Medicaid;
- You are enrolled in the 1915(c) waiver program for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI);
- You participate in and reside in an Assisted Living Program; or
- You are in the Foster Family Care Demonstration.
How to Join
For information on RiverSpring FIDA Plan, contact RiverSpring FIDA Plan or the New York Enrollment Broker. To enroll or for other options for your health care, call the New York Enrollment Broker at 1-855-600-FIDA (1-855-600-3432), TTY: 1-888-329-1541 from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ; or visit www.nymedicaidchoice.com (Clicking on this link will take you away from the RiverSpring FIDA Plan website.) The call and the help are free.
Must I join?
Enrollment is voluntary. No one is required to be enrolled in a FIDA program.